Many people dread the beginning of the year for the simple reason their electricity bills will go up. The winter months means you need to switch on the heater and ensure your house is warm however there are some common mistakes that people make when it comes to warming their houses and making it comfortable from the cold outside.
Jim Byrne KCOY Weatherman- Energy consumption tips for a warm home
Jim Bryne is a well- loved weatherman in the USA. The Jim Byrne KCOY Weatherman team is one of the best units that are loved and welcomed in the USA. He says that people should be educated and made aware of the common mistakes they make when it comes to saving energy costs in the nation. The following are some of the common mistakes that people make in the winter months when it comes to power consumption-
- Most people make the general mistake of forgetting to close the exhaust fan during winter. The exhaust fan removes warm air from the house and this means when you keep it on; you tend to allow the warm air to leave the home.
- Most people forget to adjust the thermostat in the night. Experts say you must keep it very low and comfortable for you to use. When you step outside and are not in your house for a long time, it is prudent for you to keep the thermostat at 10 to 15 degrees for around eight hours so that you can save 10 percent every year on your cooling and heating bills.
- If you use a heating pump, it is prudent for you to use and maintain a moderate setting. You can also use a thermostat that is uniquely designed with heat pumps.
- Look for leaks and seal them– You should look around the house for leaks and seal them. It is crucial for you to find out on how you can find these leaks and seal them.
- Check and maintain the heating systems– It is crucial for you to check and maintain the heating systems of the home. You should check your filters and replace them when the need arises.
- Prevent the loss of heat from the fire place– It is prudent for you to keep the damper closed unless the fire is burning. You should also check the seal that is in the fireplace and make it tight as possible.
The above tips are some things you must keep in mind when you are looking for ways to cut costs during the beginning of the year. You should also reduce water heating costs and fix the temperature to a warm setting. In this way you will prevent the scaling of your hands. You can also ask experts who maintain the water heating system on ways and means to save water.
The Jim Byrne KCOY Weatherman team says that if you keep the above points in mind, it will become easier for you to save power during the winter months easily.